Tuesday 15 July 2014

So much beauty

I feel incredibly humbled and fortunate to have been a gardener over the years. To look after a garden, to work the soil, to put one's actual blood, sweat and tears into a living being.

My work keeps me grounded. The earth that I work with, in fact the whole Earth is alive, actually alive. Billions upon billions of lives make up our world. The bodies of countless insects, trees and humans regenerate and compost into soil. Rocks are made from the bodies of fish and shellfish.....mind blowing!

When I look after a garden I always look after the earth. In the garden last winter I spread 70 tons of cow manure 4" thick over the beds to feed the soil ( remember the blood, sweat and tears!! ). My garden motto has always been 'Feed the soil not the plants'. What a response. The most floriferous borders yet. This is the big 'thank you' you get back from Nature when you look after Her precious soil.





I've been a professional gardener for over 30 years and I'm learning every day, I learn how much we are a part of our surroundings and of our world. Everything has life. So much beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment